[dns-stats-users] Hedgehog dns data not showing.

John Dickinson jad at sinodun.com
Tue May 19 13:50:19 UTC 2015

> On 19 May 2015, at 14:38, matt singh <matt.singh at centralnic.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have installed Hedgehog 2.0.0b2 successfully, however I am now capturing dsc XML data from one dns node using dsc.
> Then importing it every 5 mins into the database using;
>
> sudo -u hedgehog /usr/local/bin/refile_and_grok.sh -c
>
> My node is showing up ok in the web interface.
> But I am not seeing any results in the web interface.  All I see is "Sorry... your query didn't return any results.  Please try re-generating the graph with new selection criteria".
> I am looking back over the last week for results, but nothing is showing up.
> I can see the "data" table in the postgresql database is growing everytime there is an import.
> I have verbose logging on for postgresql and its not showing any errors.  Apache is not showing any errors either.
> Any ideas what I'm overlooking?

Hi Matt,

Please could you check the contents of /usr/local/var/hedgehog/data/refile_and_grok.stdout and /usr/local/var/hedgehog/data/<Server>/<Node>/dsc-extractor-xml-db.out?

Also you can tell postgresql to log all queries with the /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf and changing the log_statement line.

HTH
John