[dns-stats-users] DNS-STATS Compactor 1.0.0-rc1 release

Jim Hague jim at sinodun.com
Wed Feb 26 12:18:23 UTC 2020

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the release of DNS-STATS Compactor version
1.0.0-rc1.

This release is the first release candidate for version 1.0. As can be
seen from the following, it contains only minor bug fixes from
1.0.0-beta1. The 1.0.0 series includes some substantial changes from
0.12.3, and so is still regarded as experimental. As with 1.0.0-beta1,
we are using a separate ppa to hold the packages for this release until
it is more mature (see below).

Production systems should continue to use 0.12.3. We intend to continue
to provide bug fix updates where necessary for the 0.12 series until
version 1.1 is released.

Updates since 1.0.0-beta1:
* Fix exception decoding IPv6 without transport flags.
* Additional filtering in test to allow for newer tshark versions.

For more information, please see the project wiki:
https://github.com/dns-stats/compactor/wiki.

Packages for EXPERIMENTAL releases available
from: ppa:dns-stats/compactor-unstable
Source code available at: https://github.com/dns-stats/compactor
Documentation available at:
https://github.com/dns-stats/compactor/wiki/user-guide-1.0.0-rc1.pdf