[dns-stats-users] Having trouble installing hedgehog. Need help

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Mon Jan 25 14:01:34 UTC 2021

Hi Kenneth,

I think this duplicates an issue already discussed via the GitHub issues, so I’ll reproduce that answer below for the benefit of the mailing list.

Best regards

Sara.

Unfortunately Hedgehog was only supported on 14.04, there are no Xenial packages in the repository which is why you are seeing this error. The dns-stats funding has shifted to a new data collector and presentation mechanism, see this presentation:
https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/34/contributions/788/attachments/763/1327/OARC33_C-DNS.pdf

As you can see the data collection side (dns-stat compactor) is already open sourced, and we are currently working on open sourcing the database and presentation side as a framework and expect to have that completed this quarter.